TRAINING SLATE, INC.
Accessing the Training Slate Services; Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Training Slate Services, and any service or material we provide as part of the Training Slate Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Training Slate Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Training Slate Services, or the entirety of the Training Slate Services, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Training Slate Services.
To access the Training Slate Services, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Training Slate Services that all such information you provide to us is correct, current and complete.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Training Slate Services, or portions of them, using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer or mobile device so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Nature of the Services.
The Training Slate Services provide users with guidance and information regarding their fitness. TRAINING SLATE IS NOT A MEDICAL ORGANIZATION, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN the Training Slate Services AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DO THE TRAINING SLATE SERVICES REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. YOU SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE BEGINNING A NEW FITNESS OR NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM. Any information contained within the Training Slate Services, including information that is tailored to individual users, such as athletic movement screenings, should not be misconstrued as medical advice, diagnoses or treatment. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE TRAINING SLATE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You should be aware that there are inherent physical and mental health risks to exercise, including risk of injury or illness. By accessing the Training Slate Services, you acknowledge and agree that your performance of any and all exercises or activities recommended by the Training Slate Services is wholly at your own risk. Training Slate shall not be liable for any physical or mental injury or illness that may result, whether directly or indirectly, from workout plans or exercises contained within the Training Slate Services. While we may provide guidelines such as written descriptions, pictures, or videos describing how to perform specific exercises or activities, you assume sole responsibility for performing those exercises or activities properly and safely.
Content You Share with Us.
Use of the Training Slate’s Services requires that you provide us with certain of your personal information, which will be accessed by your healthcare or fitness provider. This includes your name, date of birth, height, weight, contact information, fitness center or gym name and location, and fitness objectives. We may also collect and share with your healthcare or fitness provider information relating to your health and fitness history, injury history, fitness assessments and progress reports.
We may also, in our sole discretion, permit you from time to time to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to us textual, audio and/or visual content and information, including reviews and feedback related to the Site or App and initiation of support requests (“User Content”). Any User Content provided by you remains your property.
By providing User Content to us, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Training Slate Services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant us the license to the User Content as set forth above; and (ii) neither the User Content nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content nor our use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You agree to not provide User Content that is defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law. We may, but shall not be obligated to, review, monitor, or remove User Content, at our sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, without notice to you.
Pricing and Product and Service Information
Prices and availability of products and services offered by Training Slate are subject to change without notice. While Training Slate attempts to be as accurate as possible, it does not guarantee the accuracy of the descriptions of the Training Slate Services. Training Slate reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information (including without limitation information related to text, pricing, availability and product and service descriptions) at any time without notice. In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, Training Slate shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any purchased orders placed for that item. Any necessary refunds will be issued for any such cancelled orders.
Payment for Products or Services
Additional terms applicable to your payment may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen payment method. If we, through our payment processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your billing account upon demand.
Some of our paid services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such paid services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO YOUR USER ACCOUNT PAGE.
YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. NOTIFICATION SHOULD BE GIVEN AT [email@example.com]. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH BELOW.
Your non-termination or continued use of a paid service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your payment method for that paid service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use one of our paid services.
Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a paid service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must cancel and stop using a paid service before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged. If you cancel prior to the end of the trial period and are inadvertently charged for a paid service, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Intellectual Property Rights
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Training Slate Services for any public and/or commercial use without the prior written permission of Training Slate.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Training Slate Services.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Training Slate Services.
The Training Slate name, Training Slate logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Training Slate or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks in any manner whatsoever without the prior written permission of Training Slate. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans used in the Training Slate Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letters,” “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Training Slate, a Training Slate employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Training Slate Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Training Slate or its users or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Training Slate Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Training Slate Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Training Slate Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site or App.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means or any manual process to access the Training Slate Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site or App.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Training Slate Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Training Slate Services, the servers on which the Training Slate Services are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Training Slate Services.
- Attack the Training Slate Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Training Slate Services, or any other customer of Training Slate, to its source, or exploit the Training Slate Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Training Slate Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided by the Training Slate Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Training Slate Services.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Training Slate Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Training Slate Services by submitting written notification to us at [email@example.com]. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Training Slate Services, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity within the Training Slate Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Changes to the Training Slate Services
Although we may update the Training Slate Services content from time to time, such content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any Training Slate Services content may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Linking to the Site or App and Social Media Features
You may link to the Training Slate Services, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Training Slate Services may include certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites or mobile applications to certain Training Slate Services content;
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, within the Training Slate Services;
- Cause limited portions of Training Slate Services content to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
- Log into your account on our Site or App using credentials from a third party social media websites or mobile applications
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Cause the Training Slate Services, or portions of them, to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other website or mobile application.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Training Slate Services
If the Training Slate Services contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Training Slate Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
If you are accessing our App on a device provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) or an application obtained through the Apple App Store, the following shall apply:
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App;
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the App;
- You acknowledge and agree that Training Slate, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the App;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Training Slate, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
Training Slate, the owner of the Training Slate Services, is incorporated in the State of Delaware in the United States. We make no claims that the Training Slate Services or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. If you access the Training Slate Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet, including the Training Slate Services, will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE Training Slate Services OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services, OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED WITHIN THE Training Slate Services, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THEM.
YOUR USE OF THE Training Slate Services, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE Training Slate Services, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER TRAINING SLATE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH TRAINING SLATE MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE Training Slate Services. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER TRAINING SLATE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH TRAINING SLATE REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE Training Slate Services, THEIR CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE Training Slate Services, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE Training Slate Services OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. TRAINING SLATE WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE Training Slate Services, BUT YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND TRAINING SLATE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
TRAINING SLATE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TRAINING SLATE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE Training Slate Services, ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE Training Slate Services, ANY CONTENT ON THE Training Slate Services, OR SUCH OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE Training Slate Services, OR SUCH OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF TRAINING SLATE AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS TO ANY PARTY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO TRAINING SLATE IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS FOR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Arbitration
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages).
If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claims court action, you must first send to Training Slate, by certified mail, a written notice of your claim (a “Notice”). The Notice to Training Slate must be addressed to: Training Slate, Inc. –(the “Notice Address”). If Training Slate initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your account, if any. A Notice, whether sent by you or Training Slate, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the dispute, claim or controversy; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (the “Demand”). If Training Slate and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, you or Training Slate may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
YOU AND TRAINING SLATE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Training Slate agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
Network Access and Devices
You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the Training Slate Services. Your mobile network’s data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access or use the Training Slate Services from a wireless-enabled device. You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Training Slate Services, and any updates thereto. We do not guarantee that the Training Slate Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Training Slate Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability